Thursday, September 17, 2009

The morning after

Sorry for no details on the September 16 event. Here's how it went; It was a normal night in the Kilgore household, we ate out (Wawa hot dogs for the girls and nada for dear old Dad(he would binge eat later)). We came home to do Rita's homework and finished most of it. For some reason she wanted to save some for Thursday. The girls decided they wanted to get a bath before we read a book and then watched a little TV before bedtime. The water was run (a little warm apparently), the girls tested it an Gracie said it was hot. I ran the cold water until it met the Rita's approval. I SHOULD HAVE CONSULTED THE TEMPERATURE DUCK!! The girls were playing as in the tub as usual as I gathered their clothes. Nothing seemed amiss. When I asked if they were ready to have their hair done and get out, I was greeted with shower curtain closing and come back later we're playing.

As I began the cleanup of the wreckage from the living room play session I heard what sounded like one of the kids falling out of the tub. As I got to the bathroom Rita was holding Grace out of the water. She informed me that Gracie stood up to get something and started seizing. I took her out placed her on the floor and retrieved the Diastat. It took about 3.5 to 4 minutes for the Diastat to work. In the meantime I called 911 just in case. When the ambulance arrived, the recommended we take the trip to St. Marys Hospital (our old stomping grounds from previous seizures).

When we arrived at the hospital it was like we step into the set of Cheers when the cries of Gracie rang out. She was back to herself at this point but postictal(?) not sure of the spelling. We sat for the normal 2 hours talked to the nurses, caught up on the last 6 months with the doctor and nurses and were sent on our merry way.

It is now 6:30 am and the girls are still sleeping. I don't think I will be rushing to wake them this morning.

The streak starts at 1.

3 comments:

  1. awwwwww Bummer! But we are glad to hear that Gracie is doing well. Thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with you . Love ya Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Marie!

    I've been thinking about y'all a bunch lately and hope that this last siezure will be just that ~ the LAST!

    BIG hugs to you all,
    Maree :~D

    ReplyDelete