Thursday, June 18, 2009

Grace continues with her seizure free streak. I think I may actually be getting complaicent about the seizures. I have caught us going out without her Diastat and 'emergency bag'. There was a time I didn't even go for a walk down to he corner without the emergency bag. We have been running out for errands or short trips and I get home to realize that we left without the bag. By the grace of God, we have been ok. We need to work on keeping our guard up. It is wonderful to have moved to this phase though! I appreciate that this is an upgrade of problems.

Grace is still haveing eating days and non-eating days. There are days she is ravenous and want to eat everything in site. And then there are days that we can barely to get her to eat. With her new meal plan, Grace gets some additionalo carbs. This has helped her a bit. She now gets a single cracker for a meal. She has developed a love of Ritz crackers! We heap a big gob of butter on the cracker and she usually eats it. We had one or two times when she even went so far as to have the spoonful of butter after the cracker. This is great as it means less oil in the syringe after her meal!

Friday is Rita's last day of kindergarten. Wow! I am amazed when I think about everything she learned this past year. She can read. She can count change and use coins. She is learning Spanish and tries to teach us as well. Her imagination is abundant! I grew up at a time when kindergarten was optional! I learned what she did this year when I was in first grade. Kids these days are so smart. She is one of 25 children in her class and they all have done an amazing job!

Thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see that gracie is doing great . those girls are getting big to fast . Love ya
    Ms trudy

    ReplyDelete